downloaded the files from https://osf.io/mvdpe/ and followed the instructions in the code to start running them in R
Reasonably familiar with R, but not the specific methods used in the paper
Just some R packages
when I was comparing the figures that I had produced to those in the paper, found that FIG_network.pdf is slightly different to figure 4 in the paper linked from reprohack (https://psyarxiv.com/36xkp) The FIG_network.pdf that I made did seem to match the Figure3_diag.pdf in the “2. Figures” folder of the files I originally downloaded and I checked the published version on https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/21677026211017839 and they did seem to match what was generated from the code so guessing the paper that was linked to from reprohack just has an earlier version of the figure.
This was a really good paper and I found the code and data to be well set up and easy to follow and reproduce the analysis.
in the "3. Network models.R" file it wasn't immediately obvious that I needed to uncomment line 251-260 to make network_orthogonal.RData
similarly line 319-328 to make network_correlated.RData also I think there was a mistake in line 328 where this was getting saved as network_orthogonal.RData again
The files and code and paper were all set out very clearly.